What the Real Estate Agency regulates
- The actions of brokers and principal brokers in the course of their professional real estate activity as described in ORS 696.010.
- The actions of property managers while managing rental real estate as described in ORS 696.010.
- Unlicensed individuals who collect or attempt to collect a fee for representing a person in a real estate transaction.
- Unlicensed individuals who collect or attempt to collect a fee for managing another person’s rental property.
- The activities of escrow agents as defined by ORS 696.505.
The following links are provided for your convenience. By selecting a link below, you will leave the Oregon Real Estate Agency's website.
- Lead-Based Paint - Lead can cause health problems, especially in young children. If your home was built before 1978, your family may be at risk.
- Radon Gas Information - Radon is a radioactive gas that is odorless, tasteless, and colorless. It is the leading cause of lung cancer in non-smokers.
- Smoke Alarm & Carbon Monoxide Alarm Information - The Oregon Office of State Fire Marshal provides guidance on smoke and carbon monoxide alarm laws.
- Water Well Owner's Handbook (PDF) - This document is for individuals who own, wish to construct, or plan to abandon a water well in Oregon. Helpful to people selling or buying property where wells are located or needed to meet water supply needs.
- Oregon Landlord Tenant Law - A link to ORS Chapter 90.
- Buyers and Sellers Advisories - This guide addresses common issues in buying or selling a home from the Oregon Association of REALTORS®.
- Consumer Protection - The Oregon Department of Justice is committed to ensuring a safe and fair marketplace in Oregon. They prevent fraud, enforce consumer protection laws, invest in consumer education, and help consumers with complaints.
- Legal Information - The Oregon State Bar provides general legal information on a variety of topics as a public service.