A property manager licensee can manage rental real estate as defined in
ORS 696.010 individually, with principal brokers, or with other property managers.
An individual can hold only one real estate license (broker, principal broker, or property manager) at a time.
- Be 18 years old.
- Have a high school diploma, GED, or international equivalent.
Register for an account in
eLicense, the Agency's online license management system.
Apply for a property manager license and pay the $300 nonrefundable application fee in eLicense.
When the application is processed, you will receive an Applicant ID number by e-mail.
Complete the 60-hour Property Manager pre-license course from an
Agency-approved real estate school.
Schedule and pay for license exam online or at (833) 892-5441 with PSI, our testing services provider.
property manager license exam (PDF).*
Pay and get fingerprinted for the required
background check while at a PSI testing center.*
Choose to work under:
* Please note: License exam scores and background check clearances are each good for one year. The Agency can only issue a license while the relevant scores and background check clearance are valid.
- Provide your Applicant ID number and full name to the school.
- The real estate school will make you eligible to take the license exam.
- Only courses completed on or after January 1, 2013, meet licensing requirements.
A license is issued when
- Your background check clears,
- Your new principal broker or property manager adds your pending license into the business or your business application has been approved, and
- The Agency completes a final review of your application.
You will receive an email when your license is issued.