Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

How to Report Abuse, Neglect and Fraud

If you think someone is being hurt or in danger, call 911 immediately. 

Child Abuse

  • If you suspect a child under the age of 18 is being abused or neglected report abuse to local DHS Child Welfare offices . Please be ready to provide identifying information and the whereabouts of the child.  You may remain anonymous.

  • You may also call 1-855-503-SAFE (7233). This toll-free number allows you to report abuse or neglect of any child or adult to the Oregon Department of Human Services.

For information about child abuse see Child Abuse & Neglect​.

Elder and Vulnerable Adult Abuse

For information about abuse of the elderly and vulnerable adults see Adult Abuse Investigations and Prevention

Licensed Nursing Facilities


Report suspected client or provider fraud of Medicaid/Oregon Health Plan programs and benefits; Food stamps; Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF); Oregon Trail card, which is used for Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT); and Childcare benefits by:

  • Calling, 1-888-FRAUD01 (1-888-372-8301), Monday through Friday 8 to 5pm, or

  • Report Fraud Online, or

  • FAX your written complaint to: ATTN: HOTLINE at 503-373-1525, or

  • You may also mail a written complaint.
    • For client fraud mail complaints to:
      Investigations Unit
      PO BOX 14150
      Salem, OR 97309

    • For provider fraud mail complaints to:
      DHS Provider Audit Unit
      3406 Cherry Ave NE, 2nd Floor
      Salem, OR 97303
Also see:  Frequently Asked Questions about reporting fraud​​​