Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

SNAP Applicant and Recipient Information

A collection of dairy products 

How do I know if I am eligible for food benefits?

To apply for food benefits you can go to the closest local office. To find out where the closest office is you can contact Oregon SafeNet, 1-800-723-3638. Or you can visit the DHS website for a list of DHS self-sufficiency offices. The application can also be printed, filled out by hand and sent to your local office.

How do I apply for food benefits?

Apply online for food benefits.


You can apply for food benefits by downloading an application and instructions below. You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader software to view these PDF files. You can download the free software at http://get.adobe.com/reader/

For questions about how or where to apply for food stamps Contact Oregon SafeNet, 1-800-723-3638

These application forms should be printed and filled out by hand and then sent to your local DHS self-sufficiency office.

If you are having difficulty opening the application forms, please contact us to report the problem.

Where do I send the application? Whom should I contact if I have questions?

What can I buy with food benefits?

You can find an explanation of the types of food items you can buy with your EBT card on the USDA Food and Nutrition Services Web site.

How can I make the most of my food benefits?

For information about making good use of your food money see USDA.

Also see: Food Benefits Nutrition Education

How can I find out the balance on my Oregon Trail card?

There are two ways to find out how much money is in your food benefit or cash account.