Pesticides and PARC

The Pesticide Analytical and Response Center (PARC) was created by executive order in 1978. The program was reauthorized under the Oregon Department of Agriculture (ODA) as ORS 634.550, in 1991. 

PARC is mandated to perform the following activities with regard to pesticide-related incidents in Oregon that have suspected health or environmental effects: Collect incident information, mobilize expertise for investigations, identify trends and patterns of problems, make policy or other recommendations for action, report results of investigations, and prepare activity reports for each legislative session.

PARC does not have regulatory authority. Its primary function is to coordinate investigations to collect and analyze information about reported incidents. Member agencies conduct most of the investigations and take any necessary enforcement action(s). The eight member agencies include the following: Oregon Health Authority (OHA)Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (​ODF&W)Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ)Oregon Department of Forestry (ODF)Oregon Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OR OSHA)Office of the State Fire Marshal (SFM)Oregon Poison Center (OPC)Oregon Department of Agriculture (ODA)​​.

Investigation coordination includes collecting reports produced by member agencies and consultation as necessary with a toxicologist with Oregon State University. Other governmental bodies may also participate in the reporting or investigation of an incident. 

​​Pesticide incident response information

Agencies clarify response to pesticide incidents

Oregon Department of Agriculture news release News release

Coordinating Oregon's Response to Pesticide Incidents

Details about PARC-member agencies' standard operating procedures. Document

PARC Member Agencies' SOP Summaries

Abbreviated look at PARC members' standard operating procedures. Document

Concerned About a Pesticide Application?

What to do and whom to call if exposed or concerned about pesticides. Document
En Español

What To Do If You Are Exposed to Pesticides

A list of steps to take if you are exposed to pesticides. Document

Request for Pesticide Information from a Health Care Professional

Pesticide use request form for health care providers treating patients exposed to pesticides. Submit to PARC when completed via fax, 503-986-4735, or email​. Document


​​PARC community member application 

PARC Public Member Application and Qualification Form

The PARC Board accepts applications for the Community Member position even though the position may currently be filled. The term for the Community Member board position is two years and will next expire June 30, 2017. Document

PARC board representatives​​


​​​​​PARC meeting agendas and materials​​​

Note: This dataset is experiencing technical issues (as of 5/23/16). Please contact us to obtain missing information. 


PARC Board meeting schedule

Board's 2017 dates and locations to be announced. 

​​​​PARC biennial reports​



National Pesticide Information Center (NPIC)

NPIC provides objective, science-based information about pesticides and pesticide-related topics to enable people to make informed decisions about pesticides and their use. NPIC is a cooperative agreement between Oregon State University and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Website

Pesticide exposure, safety and tracking (PEST) program

Discusses ways to reduce pesticide-related illness and injury by surveying incidences and educating the public. Website

Recognition and management of pesticide poisonings

Reference guide for health care providers. Website



To report a pesticide incident that has impacted people, animals, or the environment, contact
Theodore Bunch Jr.
PARC Coordination Team Leader
Phone: 503-986-6470
Christina Higby
Citizen Advocate Liaison
Phone: 503-986-5105

Your phone call will be routed 24 hours a day to 211info specialists, who will take your information. PARC staffers will contact you within one business day. 

​​​Pesticide use complaint

Pesticide complaints webpage ​​​