Pesticide stewardship partnerships
- Identify potential concerns and improve water quality affected by pesticide use around Oregon.
- Combine local expertise in water quality sampling results to encourage voluntary changes in pesticide use and management practices.
- Find ways to reduce pesticide levels while measuring improvements in water quality and crop management.
- Work toward measurable environmental improvements, making Oregon waters safer for aquatic life and humans.
- Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ)
- Oregon State University (OSU) Extension Service
- Oregon Department of Agriculture (ODA)
- Oregon Department of Forestry (ODF)
- Oregon Health Authority (OHA)
- Watershed and other natural resource groups
- Local landowners and growers
- Soil and water conservation districts
- Tribal governments
PSP 2017-19 Grant Program
Waste Pesticide Collection Program
This program collects unwanted/unusable pesticides, spray mixtures, and unrinsed pesticide containers from agricultural or commercial operations. Household pesticides can be disposed of through the Household Hazardous Waste Program. Collection events will be posted here as they are announced.
Nov. 18, 2017: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Wilco Commercial Agronomy Center, 13007 Downs Road NE, Mount Angel, OR 97362
See the Mount Angel event announcement and Mount Angel inventory forms for details.
Proposed collection events for remainder of 2017-19
February 2018: Ontario
March 2018: White City (Medford area)
September 2018: Coos Bay
November 2018: McMinnville
Additional events may be added depending upon budget considerations.