Pesticide stewardship partnerships
- Identify potential concerns and improve water quality affected by pesticide use around Oregon.
- Combine local expertise in water quality sampling results to encourage voluntary changes in pesticide use and management practices.
- Find ways to reduce pesticide levels while measuring improvements in water quality and crop management.
- Work toward measurable environmental improvements, making Oregon waters safer for aquatic life and humans.
- Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ)
- Oregon State University (OSU) Extension Service
- Oregon Department of Agriculture (ODA)
- Oregon Department of Forestry (ODF)
- Oregon Health Authority (OHA)
- Watershed and other natural resource groups
- Local landowners and growers
- Soil and water conservation districts
- Tribal governments
PSP 2015-17 Grant Program
PSP Technical Assistance 2015-17 Grant Program guidelines and application
Waste Pesticide Collection Program
This program collects unwanted/unusable pesticides, spray mixtures and unrinsed pesticide containers from agricultural or commercial operations. The next collection event will be Saturday, Oct. 3 in Burns. The application deadline has passed.
Other events will be Friday, Oct. 23 in Ontario; and Friday, Nov. 16 in Pendleton. Household pesticides can be disposed of through the Household Hazardous Waste Program.