Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Farm Endorsement


Persons may obtain a farm endorsement on a regular driver license (non-commercial Class C), provisional (non-commercial Class C) driver license, or any Commercial Driver License (CDL).

This endorsed license authorizes the operation of Commercial Motor Vehicles (CMV) when:

  • Controlled or operated by a farmer;
  • Used to transport agricultural products, farm machinery, or farm supplies to and from a farm;
  • Not used in the operation of a common or contract motor carrier; and
  • Operated within 150 miles of the farmer’s farm.

A farm endorsement includes authorization to operate commercial motor vehicles equipped with air brakes, tankers, double trailers, and vehicles transporting hazardous materials, when the vehicle is properly placarded.

A farm endorsement does not allow the transportation of farm workers or other passengers. If the driver transports passengers, a CDL with a passenger endorsement is needed.

To Qualify/Apply

You must apply in person at a DMV office, and you must:

You are not eligible for a farm endorsement if your CDL, or right to apply for a CDL, has been suspended for life.

Oregon Farm Vehicles in Idaho and Washington

Under the terms of the reciprocity agreements with the States of Idaho and Washington, an Oregon CMV operator with a farm endorsement may operate into those states. This privilege is subject to the same limitations as apply in Oregon.

Related Information

Additional information that may be relevant includes: