When you register or renew your vehicle registration you must certify:
- You are a resident of or domiciled in Oregon; or
- You are eligible, or required, to register under Oregon law.
In addition, your vehicle may qualify for Oregon registration even if you are not a resident of Oregon or domiciled in Oregon if one or more of the following applies:
- Your business owns the vehicle and has a main office, branch office or warehouse facility in Oregon and operates motor vehicles in Oregon;
- You use the motor vehicle in Oregon to transport for compensation or profit (other than seasonal farm work); or
- Your vehicle is:
- Usually left in Oregon when you are not in Oregon;
- Used mostly for personal transportation in Oregon;
- A private passenger vehicle or a vehicle with a loaded weight under 10,000 pounds; and
- Not a motor home or a camper.