|For Veterans and Families|
▪ American Women Vets’ Assoc. meets in Douglas Co. ▪ Clark County Wash. Veteran Stand Down in August
Location: Vancouver, Wash., Armed Forces Reserve Center, 15005 NE 65th St., Aug. 13 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Veteran’s Annual 10K Run/Family 5K Walk
The family event and fundraiser is open to everyone and helps to support the Salem Veterans Stand Down and the Serving Our Veterans at Home (SOVAH) organization. The race begins at 9 am, Sat., Aug. 16 at Keizer Rapids Park, at the west end of Chemawa Road. Event goes until 2 pm with door prizes and silent auction.
- Contact: Rosy Macias, 503-362-9911, www.sovah.org
Vets Helping Vets to hold 7th Annual Picnic in Albany
The annual potluck picnic, Sat. Aug. 30, 10:30 am to 5 pm, includes BBQ pig, salmon, brisket, hotdogs and hamburgers. Bring a favorite potluck side dish. Location: Timber Linn Memorial Park, 900 Price Rd SE. Children’s activities, silent auction, raffle. Guest speakers: Cameron Smith, Director ODVA, and Chris Marshall Director Regional VA.
- Contact: Pat Baily, 541-791-4357
▪ Mid-Willamette Valley Stand Down in September
Salem's Vet Center and SOVAH host the event on Sept. 19, 10 am to 4 pm. Assistance includes: medical and dental services, benefits registration, military surplus, Women Veterans Workshop, counseling and a free lunch. All veterans (Guard & Reserve too) and their families welcome. Location: Salem's Grace Baptist Church, 4197 State St. NE.
- Contact: Todd Londin, 503-363-4457
▪ Vietnam 25th Infantry Div., 1st Air CAV Vets Meet
Female veterans from all US service branch/eras are invited to meet, become better informed, do service projects, and enjoy camaraderie. Monthly meeting is on the 2nd Tue., 5 pm, with a quarterly potluck at American Legion Post 16, 406 SE Oak St., Roseburg.
- Contact: Dona Brewer, 541-391-9813
All veterans are welcome to meet for lunch and conversation on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at Superking Buffet, 5105 SE 82nd Ave., Portland.
- Contact: Gary Hartt, 503-632-6955
▪ US Merchant Marine - Navy Armed Guard Meets
The Oregon AMMV meets on the 3rd Monday of the month, 11:30 am, Clackamas Banquet Facility, 15815 SE 82nd Dr.
- Contact: Max Guitierez, 503-789-7932
▪ Douglas County Veterans Monthly Forum
Veteran organization leaders discuss and develop common support issues for all veterans in SW Oregon. Briefings from VA Roseburg Healthcare Systems, county veteran service officer and veteran's agencies. Meetings: 5 pm, third Tue. of each month at Roseburg American Legion Post 16, 406 SE Oak St.
- Contact: Jim, 541-672-4635, email@example.com
▪ 10th Mountain Division Group Meets Monthly
Newcomers, WWII comrades and descendants are invited to lunch on the last Sunday of the month, 1 pm., at Eastmoreland Golf Course Club House, 2425 SE Bybee Blvd., Portland. Group planning for the 10th Mountain Memorial Grove, picnics and other events.
- Contact: Jim Bray, 503-913-7058