Enterprise query tool software – “IR Studio”
Information to complete a full user setup, including IR Studio application download, ODBC configuration, IBM DB2 driver install, and Open Catalog Extension (OCE) updates are available at: http://dasapp.oregon.gov/datamart
Security access forms
SFMA and OSPA standard view access:
The agency security officer completes and submits the Datamart Standard View Access SFMA and OSPA Tables Request Form found in the Security Access Request section at: Systems Security
SFMA special view access:
Security level 3 (restricted) and level 4 (critical) data are not included in the standard Datamart view. The agency security officer must work with the agency's senior fiscal officer to ensure that each request to view sensitive data is consistent with the user's position and assigned job duties. For special view access, please e-mail the Systems Security unit at firstname.lastname@example.org
, attention Datamart Business Analyst.
PPDB standard view access:
The Department of Administrative Services (DAS), Human Resource Services Division, HR Systems Section manages access to the PPDB system and the related tables in Datamart. The PPDB Security Access Request Form appears at the following link under PPDB Resources & Information: HR Operations & Systems,
Contact PPDB Security at email@example.com
ORBITS/PICS standard view access:
The DAS, Budget and Management, Statewide Audit and Budget Reporting Section (SABRS) manages access to ORBITS and PICS and the related tables in the Datamart. The ORBITS/PICS Security Form appears at the following link under SABRS Operations: CFO Forms
Datamart maintenance portal
User maintenance site Go here to change your password, request your account be reset, view your current query connections or stop a query. Once you receive Datamart security access and you receive the initial temporary password, you have 48 hours to change your password on the Datamart User Maintenance site.
The Maintenance site is compatible with Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome.
Scheduled Datamart trainings:
Dec 06, 2017 (Salem Location)
None at this time
None at this time
Datamart training courses are on the iLearn
website. Updated class scheduling information will be sent over the Datamart News List
. Datamart trainings are free of charge; however, agency's will be accessed a $50 fee if the user does not show for the scheduled training course. Agencies do have the option to send a substitute user, if the original user is unable to attend.
Training times and locations:
SALEM Location: Classes are 8:00 am - 4:30 pm and will be held at the General Services Building in the DAS East Training Lab, located in the Mt Hood room at 1225 Ferry St SE, Salem, OR 97301.
TIGARD Location: Classes are 8:15 am - 4:30 pm and will be held at the PERS Building in the Training Lab, located at 11410 SW 68th St, Tigard, OR 97223.
PERS overflow parking: PERS-Overflow-Parking.pdf
(close to Chang's Mongolian Grill) **Note: Must include the PERS parking sign on dashboard of vehicle.
Learn the basics about the SFMA Datamart, table information, the Repository, and how to set up an OCE. Learn about Hyperion, how to build and run queries, manipulate queries and results. In addition, learn about Hyperion tables, joins, filters, formatting, and sorting.If you would like to use the file (GL Detail 15.bqy) that is associated with Chapter 4B exercise in the 'Back to Basics' manual, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Datamart & Hyperion: Payroll - Manual
- Learn the basics about the OSPA Datamart, the Repository, and how to set up an OCE. Also, learn about the Hyperion application, how to build and run queries, manipulate queries and results, and how to append queries. In addition, learn about Hyperion tables, joins, filters, formatting, and sorting. Datamart & Hyperion: A Cut Above - Manual
Learn advanced topics including: complex query building, pivots, free-form reports, computed fields, and dashboards.
OSFA Training 2014: Chart Design and Tips:
Datamart/Hyperion Tips and Tricks:
This document is a helpful tool that will provide users with valuable tips and tricks for the Datamart and Hyperion application. Tips and Tricks 2015
Processing calendar and system information
Important dates during month 13:
'YE GL Detail’ and ‘YE GL Summary’ tables: Data is only within these tables during Month 13. The rest of the year these tables are blank.
Updated data is available within the above two YE tables on the following dates: 07/19/2017, 07/21/17, 07/24/17, 07/26/17, 07/28/17, 07/31/17, 08/02/17, 08/04/17, 08/07/17, 08/09/17 and 08/11/17.
'YE Active Accounting Event' table: Data is only within this table during Month 13. The rest of the year the table is blank.
Updated data is loaded the evening of the following dates and are viewable the next day: 07/26/17, 08/02/17, and 08/09/17.
SFMA financial table year reference:
The following is a list of the SFMA ‘Accounting Event’ tables and the range of time they currently contain.
Note: These tables are archived once a biennium. The Datamart News List will provide users with an alert when the next archive will take place. (Last archive: May 2017). In addition, Capital Construction data is the exception to the rule and is not archived.
Active Accounting Event: Most current three months of SFMA system data.
All Accounting Event: Contains SFMA data from FY 2014 to current.
Archive Accounting Event: Contains SFMA data from FY 2009 to current.
Work request form
Datamart Work Request Form
- Use this form to request improvements and/or changes to the Datamart, for example, new fields, tables, joins, etc. This form is to be completed and submitted electronically by using the 'Submit by E-mail' button.
The ‘Repository’ is a great tool to help share standard reports with users on a statewide level. The Repository continues to grow and currently contains 40+ files, which access data from SFMA, ORBITS, OSPA, etc. To learn more about how to access the repository and what each file includes:
Thanks to users throughout the state, we continually obtain new reports to help in day-to-day operations. If you have any reports which you believe would be a good fit to join this group, please send them, along with a detailed description, to email@example.com
Potential query tool issues:
Common things that can make your query return unpredictable results include:
|Query returns no results||Check filters for proper restrictions|
|Query returns no results||Check request is in proper format (20120229 or 2/29/12)|
|Duplication of data||Check the joined tables within the query section|
|More rows returned than expected||Check filters for proper restrictions|
|More rows returned than expected||Check the joined tables within the query section|
SFMA Datamart Tables
- Listing of Financial and Profile tables. Contains data warehouse fields, field length, source, and descriptions. Note: To obtain additional detailed information about the SFMA tables, please refer to the 'Datamart and Hyperion: Back to Basics Manual' (page 2-16 through 2-22), in pdf form, shown in the 'Datamart Training' section of this website.Join-Diagram2013
- This file displays the 'All Acct Event' table joined to the various 'Profile' tables within the SFMA Datamart.
- Comparison of fields between the GL Detail and the GL Summary tables.
R*Stars Actuals at the Budget Level
- R*Stars integration established a one-to-one relationship between the ORBITS Cross-Reference number and the R*Stars Program Code; providing a link between budget (ORBITS) and accounting (R*Stars).
The OSPA Datamart contains data processed through the Oregon Statewide Payroll Application. Data is updated monthly following the close of the payroll month, which is around the 14th of the following month. Check the OSPS Processing Calendar for specific dates.
The OSPA Datamart contains individual employee payroll information including:
- Job Status
- Labor Costing
- Leave Accrual
- Gross and Net Pay Detail
- Work Schedules
- Custom Reports. Just about anything you can think of can be queried from the OSPA Datamart and customized to your specific needs. Do you need to complete a PERS salary breakdown? How about finding out how often someone uses sick leave? Curious about usage statistics for parking? All of these and much more can be queried from the OSPA Datamart.
- Identify Errors. Use the OSPA Datamart to query for specific pay or deduction codes that give you troubles. For example, use the OSPA Datamart to ensure that each SEIU union deduction code has an accompanying issues code. Or, query to ensure that insurances are being forced using post-tax rather than pre-tax plan codes.
- Monitor for Potential Abuse. The OSPA Datamart is ideal for doing spot queries to ensure that usage of pay codes fall within normal tolerances. For instance, you can run a query on a specific class to enquire about comp time accrual, then measure that against an expected average. Or, query specific employee groups for abnormal overtime usage.
The OSPA Datamart does not contain:
- Confidential Information, such as Social Security numbers, wage withholding/garnishment info, bank account information or certain insurance surcharges
- Data sourced from other applications such as salary range or employee addresses
- Detailed daily time information if not using Online Daily Time or eTime.
Datamart table reference lists
These lists detail the fields available in each of the OSPA Datamart's six major tables. For a Master List of all available fields, see the last portion of this section.
*This table was created for the ACA data to help agencies view all agency ACA info.
Table extensions reference
Each of the OSPA Datamart tables has historic data available up to three prior biennia.
Please note: As of Aug 11, 2017 four tables have been combined to one, eliminating three extra file extension views (_B, _PB, and _PP).
It will be important to update your queries that are using the old file extensions (_B, _PB, and _PP). These queries must be updated to point to the OSPS table with no file extension. Make sure to go into the properties of the table (double click on the top of the table) and alter the 'physical name' to contain no extension.
With this change, it has become more important to make sure each OSPS query has at least two filters. One is 'Agency' and the other is a time period such as 'Pay Period End', 'Pay Proc Date', etc. These two filters will allow your query to run at its optimal level.
|No extension||Contains data up to three prior biennia||7/1/11 to 6/30/19||OSPS_DED|
Master field list
OSPA Datamart master table reference guide
Guide to table abbreviations used in Master List:
Download/Save OCE file - Required to connect IR Studio to the ODBC
Columns will be in alphabetical order.
Please save these OCEs to a drive that is backed up, such as your network or personal.