TGM Grants help local communities plan for streets and land use in a way that leads to more livable, economically vital, and sustainable communities and that increases opportunities for transit, walking and bicycling. TGM awards two types of grants:
- Category 1 (PDF): Transportation System Planning, including TSP updates, to give Oregonians a range of transportation choices and meet requirements of the Oregon Transportation Planning Rule
- Category 2 (PDF): Integrated Land Use & Transportation Planning, to promote compact, mixed-use development supported by improved pedestrian, bicycle, transit, and multi-modal street facilities
TGM has funded over 700 grant projects. See the list of completed and active projects through 2016 (PDF).
TGM awards grants on an annual basis. Applications are due in June and awards are made in August. All projects have a two-year period from award to completion. See the Grant Award Timeline for more information.
TGM Grant Application
The 2017 TGM Grant Application Packet is now available. Applications are due by 4:00 PM June 9, 2017.
- Application Packet (PDF)
- Application Form (PDF) REVISED
Note: This is a PDF form and must be saved to your computer and completed using Adobe Reader. Right-click the Application Form link and select "Save link as" to download the form. Once you have saved the form to your computer, right-click the file and choose Open with > Adobe Reader. For technical questions regarding the form, please contact Rebecca Coffelt, 503-986-4254.
- Racial and Ethnic Impact Form (PDF)
Resources for Preparing a Grant Application
Grant Application Assistance
TGM staff can help you with your submittal. Please don’t wait to seek assistance until just before the application deadline.
- Contact Cindy Lesmeister, 503-986-4349, for answers to general questions about process and filling out your grant application.
- Contact the lead TGM planner for your region if you would like to discuss your project objectives, project approach, or the ODOT region’s perspective on the project, or have your draft application reviewed for organization, completion, and clarity. See the staff contact list below or in the TGM Grant Application Packet.
2017 TGM Pre-Application
The formal 2017 pre-application period ended March 13, 2017 but pre-applications may be submitted at any time. Submittal of a pre-application is not necessary to apply for a TGM grant.
The Pre-Application Packet below contains a description of our services.
TGM grants are managed through ODOT regions (see map).