Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Contact Us
Supporting America's Military Families
AddressHours of OperationContact

ODVA Headquarters
Salem Claims and Counseling

700 Summer St. NE
Salem, OR 97301-1285
Portland Claims and Counseling
Federal Building
1220 SW 3rd Avenue
Suite 1610
Portland, OR 97204

8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Director Jim Willis

Phone: 503-373-2000
Phone: 800-828-8801
Benefit Claims: 800-692-9666
Home Loans: 888-673-8387
Fax: 503-373-2362
TTY: 503-373-2217
Service Officer Locator
ODVA Phone Directory
As a veteran, you have certain benefits you earned as a result of your miltary service. Survivors and dependents of veterans may also have benefits available however, these benefits are there only if you apply for them.

Because the laws covering veterans' benefits are very complex, you are urged to get help in applying for them. The need for personal assistance to veterans in filing and pursuing claims results from the legal principle that NO veterans' benefits are awarded automatically.

The Oregon Department of Veterans' Affairs (ODVA) and most counties provide free benefits counseling and claims service to veterans, survivors, and dependents. These veterans' advocates can help you obtain all your entitlements due.
When it comes to federal benefits, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs cannot prosecute claims against itself. Therefore, veterans' service organizations or the ODVA will represent your claim for you before the VA. There is no fee for this service and it is an excellent way to be certain you receive all the benefits you have earned.

Your first step is to visit or call your county veterans' service officer or the ODVA.