Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Contact Us
Supporting Oregon's Military Families
Address Hours of Operation Contact

Salem Claims and Counseling

700 Summer St. NE
Salem, OR 97301-1285 

503-373-2000 or 800-828-8801 (in OR)
Portland Claims and Counseling
Federal Building
100 Main St.  3rd Floor 
Portland, OR 97204 

503-412-4777  FAX 503-412-4785

8:00 am - 5:00 pm

Monday through Friday
Closed on holdays

Jim Willis, Director

Phone: 503-373-2000
Phone: 800-828-8801
Benefit Claims: 800-692-9666
Home Loans: 888-673-8387
Fax: 503-373-2362
TTY: 503-373-2217
Service Officer Locator
State Phone Directory

As a veteran, you have certain benefits you earned by your honorable military service to your country. A veteran's survivors and dependents may also have benefits available however, they are there only if you apply for them.

Because the laws covering veterans' benefits are very complex, you are urged to get assistance when applying. The need for personal assistance to veterans when filing and pursuing claims results from the legal principle that NO veterans' benefits are awarded automatically.

Your first step is to visit or call your County Veterans' Service Officer or the ODVA.

The ODVA and most counties provide free benefits counseling and claims service to veterans, survivors, and dependents. These veterans' advocates can help you obtain all your entitlements due.
When it comes to federal benefitsveterans' service organizations or the ODVA will represent your claim for you before the VA. There is no fee for this service and it is an excellent way to be certain you receive all the benefits you have earned.