DELTA is a health equity and inclusion leadership program that includes training, coaching, and networking to health, community, and policy leaders in Oregon. This nine-month program trains 25 members committed to advancing health equity and diversity throughout Oregon.
DELTA provides 40 hours of classroom training, 10 hours of individualized technical assistance, and faciliates opportunities for cross-sector partnership. Each participant submits a project prior to graduation that drives and institutionalizes best practices in their organizations that promotes health equity and inclusion. Applications for the next statewide cohort (Oct 2017 - May 2018) will be available in August 2017. Note that the DELTA program is shifting its funding model due to the closeout of previous grant funding.
What's new this year?
DELTA is currently seeking diverse, qualified and committed leaders, policy analysts, program leads, healthcare providers and program evaluators to serve (unpaid) on the next iteration of the Advisory Committee. Apply by May 1st.
Role of DELTA Advisory Committee is to ensure that the program goals are met by:
- Assisting with the recruitment and selection of cohort members statewide each year
- Recommending relevant curricula and training that focus on equity and inclusion
- Identifying speakers and frameworks that can be utilized by participants for the systemic promotion of equity and inclusion
- Supporting partnerships, sustainability and sponsorships for the program
- Reviewing measurable objectives and providing input on course improvements
Time Commitment for Advisory Committee
The anticipated time commitment for committee members is two (2) hours, every quarter (total 8 times) along with individual consultation as needed for the period of June 2017 - June 2019. Meetings occur in-person with call-in options.
Would you like to add your insight? Is there something else you would like to see DELTA do? Why not lend your voice and fill out this short form by May 1st, click here.
There are opportunities to participate in the DELTA program through sponsorship. A sponsorship of $10,000 designates a space for one employee/member of your organization, and provides matching funds for a second individual from another community-based organization needing financial assistance to participate. For more details, please contact Anastasia Sofranac.
DELTA trainings are delivered across the state by local, state, and national leaders in health equity and inclusion, and may include:
- Diversity in Recruitment, Hiring, and Retention with John Lenssen and Leann Johnson
- Race, Ethnicity, and Language Data and Health Equity Metrics with Ignatius Bau
- Effective Community Engagement with local Oregon organizations
- Health Literacy and Language Access with Janet Ohene-Frempong
- Using the Equity and Empowerment Lens with Ben Duncan
- Health Equity Leadership and Strategic Planning with Dr. Winston Wong
HeadStart of Union County
Oregon Health & Sciences University – Clinical Integration
Oregon Health Authority - Addictions & Mental Health
Oregon Health Authority – Transformation Center
The project described was supported by Funding Opportunity Number CMS-1G1-12-001 from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and the content provided is solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of HHS or any of its agencies.
For information, please contact
Anatasia Sofranac, DELTA Coordinator