The Department of Human Services Aging and People with Disabilities (APD) program assists seniors and people with disabilities of all ages to achieve well-being through opportunities for community living, employment, family support and services that promote independence, choice and dignity.
We help aging and people with disabilities:
- remain as independent as possible;
- sustain the supports needed to maintain quality lives in their home communities;
- honor choices made by them about their own lives;
- by promoting value-driven commitments in statute and policy; and
- by partnering with advocacy groups, commissions and councils, local government partners, and community organizations.