Egg handler license
Producer is required to have an egg handler license for the following:
- Selling or distributing eggs to consumers, retailers, cafes, bakeries, hospitals, schools, boarding houses or institutions.
Producer is not required to have an egg handler license when the following applies:
- Producer is selling and delivering their own eggs direct to an individual consumer (including farmers' market), but labeling is required.
- Producer sells only ungraded eggs to a dealer.
Retailer is required to have an egg handler license in the following situations:
- Retailer grades eggs.
- Retailer packages graded eggs in his own cartons.
Retailer is not required to have an egg handler license in the following situation:
- Retailer sells to the consumer, eggs that have been previously candled and graded by an egg handler in compliance with ORS 632.705 to 632.815.
Egg breakers license
Required for any person engaging in the commercial breaking of eggs for the purpose of recovering whites, yolks, or whole eggs for human food.
Shell Egg Producer Information
Brief summary that will assist egg producers in understanding the rules and regulations for shell eggs. Shell egg producer information
Shell Egg Retail Information
Brief summary that will assist egg retailers in understanding the rules and regulations for shell eggs. Shell egg retail information