License an existing business that was recently purchased
Business currently licensed by Oregon Department of Agriculture (ODA)
- New owner must contact the ODA Food Safety Salem office to obtain a license application and copies of the laws and rules. All licenses are personal and cannot be transferred to another person.
- An inspector with be assigned to arrange an inspection and ensure compliance with the applicable laws and regulations. No remodeling of a retail establishment may be done without prior approval of plans, see the plan review requirements.
- Complete the application provided by your inspector and send it with the correct license fee to ODA as described on the application.
- ODA will mail the license to the business.
- License must be posted in the business in a conspicuous location.
Business currently licensed by County Health Department
Contact the local health department for more information.
Cancel my license
Contact either your local inspector or the ODA Food Safety Salem office to cancel your current license.
Renew my license
- You will receive a license renewal application before your license expires.
- If you do not receive a license renewal application at least 30 days prior to the expiration of your license, contact the ODA Food Safety Salem office.
- Review the information on the renewal application and make any needed changes.
- Update your gross annual sales.
- Pay the appropriate license fees.
- Mail the renewal form and fees to ODA.
- ODA will issue a new license to the firm.
Most license renewals occur on an annual basis.
My business is moving to a new location
Contact your assigned food safety inspector.
- All new facilities must be inspected and approved by ODA prior to moving.
- A plan review may be required for some facilities and it must be approved prior to modification to the facility.
- Additional fees are not required for the license types below.
- Food licenses: ORS 616
- Dairy licenses: ORS 621
- Egg licenses: ORS 632
- Non-alcoholic beverage license: ORS 635