If you need to use the state vehicle on a weekend day, pick up the vehicle on Friday afternoon. To avoid being charged for Friday, park the vehicle in our north lot, a gated parking lot just around the corner from the motor pool office. Follow the steps below:
- Get your state vehicle and drive it to the north lot.
- Get the Voyager fuel credit card from the vehicle packet and swipe it in the card reader to open the gate.
- Park the state vehicle in an available space (remember to take the Voyager fuel card and keys, and lock the state vehicle before leaving).
- On the day you need to use the state vehicle, drive to the north lot.
- Swipe the Voyager fuel credit card and park your personal vehicle in an available space.
- Retrieve the state vehicle.
- Remember to swipe the Voyager fuel credit card every time you enter the north lot or we will not know what date and time you actually left with the state vehicle and you may incur additional days charges.
- Instructions on how to use the north lot
When you make the reservation, remember to tell us that you plan to move the state vehicle to the north lot so we can make a note in the reservation.
If you return during motor pool hours, you have the choice to return the state vehicle in the north lot or to our regular return lanes.