State of Oregon sponsored training
Why the State Has Contractor Insurance Requirements
This complementary training is great for procurement professionals, contract administrators, program managers, and business transaction attorneys. Get answers to the following questions from industry experts and learn how to protect the state and our contractors!
- It seems like such trouble. Why does the State have contractor insurance requirements?
- The contractor says they cannot get insurance, or it is too expensive. Is that true?
- What is the difference between professional liability insurance and general liability insurance?
- If a contractor has professional liability insurance, why do they also need general liability insurance - even when all they do is sit in an office?
- It is a small contract. Why do they need insurance at all?
- What is in it for the State?
- What is in it for the contractor?
DAS Risk Management. Guest presenter/trainer - Willis Towers Watson, a top tier risk-consulting group
No cost to attendees. This training is compliments of DAS Risk Management
Dates/Times/Registrations: Register now as space is VERY limited and we expect the sessions to fill up quickly!!!
Location and Parking:
SAIF Corporation - Parkway Conference Center
440 Church Street, SE
Salem OR 97312
Available on rooftop level of adjacent parking structure. Look for SAIF signs giving direction to conference center and parking.
RMIS Lite User training (STARS Enterprise)
Agency authorized personnel may sign up for training to learn how to access the system and run agency specific reports. Users will be required to sign a user agreement when they receive their assigned log-on. Please send your questions, comments or requests for training to Luella Ackerson
or call 503-373-7003.
SAIF Corporation sponsored training
Office ergonomics work station assessor
A joint venture with SAIF, the state’s workers’ compensation insurer. Teaches methods to fit and adjust a seated workstation to individual employee needs. Essential for Office Ergonomics program. Open enrollment. Pre-registration required. In Salem.
Training for state agencies
State employees can view class schedules and register on SAIF's training web site
. If you need information or have any questions, contact Stacia Melendy, SAIF’s Oregon Team, at (503) 373-8107 or 1-800-285-8525, ext. 8107 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org