Skip to main content Homepage

Resolving premium disputes

What if I disagree with my premium bill or final audit?

If you believe you may be overpaying for workers’ compensation coverage, take the following steps:

  1. Contact your insurance company or agent. Explain what you disagree with, such as whether you think the classification is wrong or the payroll was not calculated correctly. Often, businesses and insurers are able to resolve the situation together.
  2. Contact the Small Business Ombudsman. The ombudsman office may be able to contact the insurer on your behalf and resolve the issue. You can email us at or call 503-947-7897.
  3. Consider appeal options. The Small Business Ombudsman can help identify more formal steps to take to appeal your bill. Options include filing an appeal with the Insurance Division or meeting with the Oregon Workers’ Compensation Review and Advisory Committee (known as ORAC).

​​​​​Contact us

Call or text either David Waki at 971-283-0997 or
Caitlin Breitbach at 503-329-4260
You can also e-mail us at


COVID-19 ​Business Oregon assistance​

Help for Oregon Businesses and Entrepreneurs​​

Workers' compensation rates
Loss costs 2020
Loss costs 2019
Assigned risk plan rates
Rate announcements

Workers' compensation laws and rules
OAR 836-042
OAR 836-043​​​​​​​​​​​​

Workers' compensation companies​​​​​

Your browser is out-of-date! It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how