Subscribe to receive email updates!
Quality, community-based foster home care for adults with developmental disabilities.
The materials on this site have been developed for care providers working with adults with developmental disabilities in adult foster home settings. This material may also be useful for adult foster home licensers, case managers and other industry-related or interested parties.
Adult foster home care in Oregon
When adults with developmental disabilities are no longer able to live or be cared for in their own homes, adult foster care is an option. Adult foster homes are single family residences that offer 24-hour care in a home-like setting.
The goal of an adult foster home is to provide necessary resident care while emphasizing his/her independence, choice, dignity and decision making. AFH caregivers also provide friendship and the opportunity for the resident to reside in a safe and caring environment.
Are you interested in providing adult foster home care?
Review the SPD Adults with Developmental Disabilities Adult Foster Home Program Overview to learn more about:
- Care and services provided in adult foster homes for people with developmental disabilities
- Who can live in an adult foster home
- Classifications of adult foster homes
- Benefits and challenges of becoming an adult foster home provider
- Steps to becoming an adult foster home provider
- Payment options for adult foster home providers
- Operating more than one adult foster home
- Oversight of adult foster homes
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We check this email address daily when DHS is open for business.
- Phone: 1-800-232-3020
Please use this toll-free number when you need to reach us immediately.