The former Family Services Manual has been updated and renamed to
Oregon Programs Eligibility Notebook (OPEN). The OPEN manual:
- Serves as a simplified explanation of federal and state regulations
- Includes examples of how policy is applied and affects families
- Links to Oregon Administrative Rules (OARs)
- Connects portions of policy that are closely interconnected
OPEN provides eligibility and family engagement guidance for these Oregon Department of Human Services programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Employment-Related Day Care (ERDC)
- Refugee Programs (REF)
- Temporary Assistance for Domestic Violence Survivors (TA-DVS)
- Medicare Savings Programs (MSP)
- Oregon Supplemental Income Program Medical (OSIPM)
- Health Systems Division (HSD) medical programs (MAGI Medicaid and CHIP)
Features and functionality
OPEN is now a single PDF document with interactive features including a table of contents, search functionality and linked references throughout.
The online manual is updated quarterly to reflect program and policy changes.
OPEN should always be viewed online. The manual should not be saved or downloaded to ensure you are viewing correct and valid policy reference and guidance.
Questions or issues?
If you have questions or need to report errors or inconsistencies, please contact SSPFSM.TechAssist@dhsoha.state.or.us