Oregon Film Office Tax Credit Auction
We are holding an online tax credit auction with the Oregon Film Office for 28,000 increments of $500 tax credit certificates. This auction runs September 30-October 4, 2019, with contributions going to the Oregon Production Investment Fund.
Individuals and businesses with an Oregon income tax liability may bid on the certificates and claim the credits on 2019 tax returns. Any amount not allowed on your 2019 return can be carried forward up to three years. You can't transfer the credits to anyone else.
Bidding begins at 9 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) September 30, 2019 and ends at 5 p.m. PDT, October 4, 2019. We won't accept bids before or after these times.
New for 2019: The minimum discount percentage is now 90 percent (down from 95 percent) of the credit value. Therefore, the minimum bid amount for each $500 credit increment is $450.
- The earlier you bid, the better. If there's a tie, the earliest bid wins.
- Bid as many times as you like. If you submit multiple bids, we will issue certificates for all winning bids. You can't change your bid once it's submitted.
- Minimum bid is $450 per increment.
After placing your bid, deliver the following to our offices by 5 p.m. PDT October 11, 2019:
Submit a separate form and full payment for each bid. Payment must be a cashier's check, certified check, or money order made payable to Oregon Department of Revenue.
See the Tax Credit Auction form for mailing instructions and office locations.
If your bid isn't successful, we'll return your payment to the address you provide on the form.
Your bid will be invalidated if:
- Your payment and form are late.
- Your payment isn't for the full amount or doesn't match your bid amount.
- You don't include the form with your payment, or the form is incomplete.
Important: The IRS has released final regulations on state tax credits received in exchange for contributions that provide guidance on how the contributions are treated for federal purposes. Any contributions deducted for federal purposes are not allowed for Oregon.