College Opportunity Grant
Tax Credit Auction
We are holding an online tax credit auction with the Oregon Higher Education Coordinating Commission for 28,000 increments of $500 tax credit certificates. This auction runs August 20-24, 2018, with contributions going to the Oregon Opportunity Grant Fund.
Individuals and businesses with an Oregon income tax liability may bid on the certificates and claim the credits on 2018 tax returns. Any amount not allowed on your 2018 return can be carried forward up to three years. You can't transfer the credits to anyone else.
Bidding begins at 9 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) August 20, 2018 and ends at 5 p.m. PDT, August 24, 2018. We won't accept bids before or after these times.
- The earlier you bid, the better. If there's a tie, the earliest bid wins.
- Bid as many times as you like. If you submit multiple bids, we will issue certificates for all winning bids. You can't change your bid once it's submitted.
- Minimum bid is $475 per increment.
After placing your bid, deliver the following to our offices by 5 p.m. PDT August 31, 2018:
Submit a separate form and full payment for each bid. Payment must be a cashier's check, certified check, or money order made payable to Oregon Department of Revenue.
See the Tax Credit Auction form for mailing instructions and office locations.
If your bid isn't successful, we'll return your payment to the address you provide on the form.
Your bid will be invalidated if:
- Your payment and form are late.
- Your payment isn't for the full amount.
- You don't include the form with your payment, or the form is incomplete.