The license requirement began on January 1, 2022. This applies to all retailers of tobacco products or inhalant delivery systems located in those jurisdictions in which the state license applies. The licenses are valid for 1 year and must be renewed annually. Licenses administered by local jurisdictions cannot be requested through this application.
Businesses with multiple locations under the same Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) will be able to submit one application for all locations in jurisdictions where the state license applies. A license fee will apply to each location on the application.
For the application, you will need:
- The name, mailing address, and federal tax identifier of the business entity for which you are applying. The identifier may be a federal employer identification number (FEIN) or, if you are a sole proprietor, it may be a Social Security number (SSN).
- Premises address and premises name for each retail location for which a license will be requested.
- A valid email address.
From Revenue Online, under the “Quick Links" header, select “Register and apply." To start the application, select “Apply for Tobacco Retail License."
By logging into Revenue Online, your current state-issued licensed location(s) will be pre-populated in the application.
From Revenue Online, log in using your credentials or select “Sign up now" to create an account.
Once you are logged in, you will need to add access to your Tobacco Retail License using the information on your renewal notice letter.
- From your Summary Screen, select “More Options" on the top right.
- Next, select “Add access to an account" on the left
- Now you will use the letter ID, the account ID, and zip code from the letter to add access to your “Tobacco Retail License" account.
- Once you have added access, you will see the option to “Apply for or renew a license" next to the Tobacco Retail License account in your list of accounts.
Renewal applications are also available to users who are not logged in. All demographic and site information will need to be entered into the application as if you were filling out the original application.
From Revenue Online, under the “Quick Links" header on the left, select “Register and apply". To start the renewal application, select “Apply for Tobacco Retail License."
Payment is due when you submit your application. You will need a checking account and routing number, or a credit/debit card to submit an electronic payment. If you are unable to make an electronic payment, a check may be sent to the department. Write your identifier, business name, and reference “Retail License" on the memo line of your check. Online payments are recommended as the license cannot be issued until both the application is received, and fee is paid in full.
If you need assistance, or have additional questions, please contact us at 503-378-4988, or by email at TRL.Help@dor.oregon.gov.