The state provides numerous services to help Oregonians live healthy, fulfilled lives. From enrolling in healthcare to managing the criminal justice system, to tracking students’ progress in school, Oregonians depend on software systems to deliver these services. In leveraging technology to transform service delivery, policy and technology leaders need to adhere to guiding principles that will lead to successful and measurable outcomes. EIS is aligned with the following guiding principles:
- Collaborate and promote visibility
- Think and work holistically
- Keep things simple and practical
- Start where the customer is
- Focus on value for the customer
Mature enterprise technology governance, optimize investments, ensure transparency, provide oversight, and deliver secure and innovative solutions.
Ensuring accessible, reliable and secure state technology systems that equitably serve Oregonians.
EIS is driven by four core values:
- We are responsible for quality outcomes and share information openly and honestly.
- We listen and seek to understand our customers' needs.
- We build trust and establish mutual purpose to forge effective partnerships across the enterprise.
- We simplify complexity, challenge conventional wisdom, and seek creative and useful solutions.