Skip to the main content of the page


License required

  • If a treat or food made in Oregon contains raw or cooked meat you need to obtain a Pet Food Manufacturing License.
  • Other pet foods and animal feeds are managed by the Feed Safety Program​

License not required

  • If a treat or food made in Oregon does not contain raw or cooked meat. 


AAFCO Pet Food Labeling Guide

Business of pet food labeling requirements

AAFCO Talks Pet Food

AAFCO Talks Pet Food website

Feed Distributor or Manufacturer License & Feed Product Registration

Feed product registration form

Pet Food and Treat Business Information from AAFCO

Business of pet food

Pet Food: Laws and Regulations

State pet food laws and regulations

Vet Product Registration Application

Vet Product Registration Application


Next step

Get a license application​​


Main Office
Food Safety
635 Capitol St NE
Salem, OR 97301
Phone: 503-986-4720