Skip to main content

Cultural Competency Continuing Education (CE)

How to Fulfill the 2-hour Requirement

  • Cultural competency education provided by your employer is acceptable. 
  • The Oregon Health Authority maintains a list of approved current approved cultural competency continuing education that can be used to locate courses if your employer does not offer any.
For more information regarding the Cultural competence requirement, please visit the Oregon Health Authority Office of Equity and Inclusion website

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. Does this requirement apply to CNAs and nurses only? 
    No.  The two-hour education is required for all physicians, physician assistants, acupuncturists, advanced practice nurses, podiatrists, chiropractors, naturopaths, psychologists, and other health professionals. 
  2. How many hours do I need? 
    Two hours of Cultural Competence CE. 
  3. Do I have to take 2 hours of cultural competence CE for renewal of my license?
    Yes. Simply check the box on your renewal application stating that you have completed the requirement.  However, if you haven't taken the two hours of required cultural competence continuing education, then you must do so prior to submitting your renewal.
  4. Is it just for license renewal?
    No.  This is required for all initial applications, at every renewal, and for reactivation applications.
  5. Do I have to use a particular CE provider?
    No.  You may obtain hours from your employer or any provider that offers OHA approved courses.

Your browser is out-of-date! It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how