Does your boat need to be inspected for the Hull Identification Number?
Some boats in Oregon are required to be inspected by a marine law enforcement officer before they can be titled and registered.
Boats needing hull identification number (HIN) inspections:
1) Homebuilt boats
2) Boats never titled or registered in any state
3) Boats registered in a non-title state
4) Boats where the hull identification number appears to be incorrect.
Boats that may be excluded are:
1) New manufactured boats with a Manufacturer's Statement of Origin (MSO)
2) Boats titled in another state, if the title accompanies the application for Oregon title and the hull number listed is correct. After the HIN inspection is completed, you'll receive a "HIN Inspection Certificate." You must return the certificate directly to the Marine Board at PO Box 14145, Salem, OR 97309.
Learn more about how to
title and register your boat in Oregon.