Recruitment is open November 15, 2022 through December 31, 2022.
For questions about recruitment, please contact IMT Coordinator Valerie Abrahamson via email email@example.com or by phone (503) 934-8211.
Click on the links below to submit your application. The following positions are open for recruitment for Team Positions, Alternate Positions (must be fully qualified), or Trainee Positions:
Applicants who do not meet the qualification criteria will not be accepted.
All applicants must submit:
- Application signed by your Chief Officer
- Letter of intent to include a summary of conflagration and incident management experience
- Two professional references
Please submit your signed application to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered. Keep a copy for your records and submit the application with scanned copies of any applicable documentation.
The recruitment process is selective. Applicants, reference, and/or others within the applicant's agency may be contacted by OSFM staff, Incident Commanders, and/or IMT section chiefs during the selection process. Applicants should expect to be interviewed.
- Team members are expected to be available to respond during their team's on-call rotations and remain at an incident for up to 14 days.
- Team members should be prepared to be logistically self-sufficient for 72 hours.
- Team members should have the full support of their sponsoring agencies to participate in training, section working groups, and the annual conference.
- Team members should have access to an agency command vehicle for deployments.
It is the expectation of the OSFM and Incident Commanders that all team members provide the highest level of customer service to all involved with or impacted by an incident. Team members represent both their home agency and the State of Oregon and are expected to always be professional.