Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Continuing Education Record Keeping Requirements

To renew an active license, you must complete the required continuing education and maintain your continuing education records. You will report your continuing education to the Agency by logging into your eLicense account and entering information on each course you completed.

Continuing education records

Continuing education audits

The Agency randomly conducts audits of continuing education records. If you are selected for an audit, you will need to provide the Agency a copy of the certificate of attendance for each course you entered in eLicense.

Frequently asked questions

Question: How do I log my continuing education with the Agency?

Answer: You must enter the information about each continuing education course you completed by logging into your eLicense account. You can do this as you complete each class, or you may enter all your classes when you renew your license.

Question: I've taken more than 30 hours of continuing education. Do I need to enter all my classes into eLicense?

Answer: No. You only need to enter your 3-hour Law and Rule Required Course (LARRC) and at least 27 hours of other eligible continuing education courses.
If you are renewing an active broker, principal broker, or property manager license for the first time, you must enter the 3-hour LARRC and the appropriate 27-hour advanced practices course into eLicense.

Question: Can I just send or upload my certificates of attendance to the Agency?

Answer: No. You must enter the information into eLicense. The Agency will use the data to look for future improvements in continuing education and real estate licensing.
If you are selected for a continuing education audit, you will be required to send copies of your certificates of attendance to the Agency.

Question: What if I have a certificate of attendance that is missing information (e.g. course topic, instructor, location)?

Answer: Contact the certified continuing education provider.

Question: What if I can't find all of my certificates of attendance?

Answer: Contact the certified continuing education provider you took the course(s) from. The Agency cannot help you locate certificates.