If you would like to request an Administrative Hearing you can:
- Submit a request online at Administrative Hearing Request;
- Fax your request to DMV Hearings Case Management Unit at 503-945-5521; or
- Mail or personally deliver your request to:
DMV Hearings Case Management Unit
1905 Lana Ave. NE
Salem OR 97314
Your request must be in writing and include the following information:
- Your full name and date of birth;
- Business name (if the action involves a business certificate or license, or a vehicle that is titled and/or registered to a business);
- Your complete mailing address (or business address if applicable);
- Telephone number (with area code) where you can be reached between 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Monday through Friday;
- Driver license, permit, identification card or customer number (if the action involves your driving privilege or identification card – printed just below your address on the notice you received);
- Vehicle registration plate or title number (if the action involves a vehicle registration plate or title);
- Request for an interpreter (if you do not speak English, and will need an interpreter to translate for you at the hearing); and
- Name, address and telephone number of your attorney (if you will be represented by an attorney during the hearing process).
You have the right to be represented by an attorney at your own expense, or you may represent yourself at the hearing. Legal aid organizations may be able to assist you if you have limited financial resources. Parties are not ordinarily and customarily represented by counsel. In most cases, the Department will not be represented by an attorney at the hearing. Note: Pursuant to Oregon Administrative Rule (OAR) 137-003-0510 and 137-003-0550, if you are an agency, corporation, partnership, limited liability company, trust, government body, or an unincorporated association you must be represented by an attorney licensed in Oregon unless statutes applicable to the contested case specifically provide otherwise.
You may call the DMV Hearings Case Management Unit at (503) 945-5545 to confirm receipt of your request. DMV is not responsible for requests that cannot be read when they are received or that are lost or misdirected during the transmission process.
A request that is received after business hours will be considered received on the next business day. Business hours are 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Note: Hearings cannot be requested via the telephone.