DMV may issue a new driver license or identification card number to a customer whose name and number have been used fraudulently. However, you must provide evidence to DMV that demonstrates how your name and license or ID card number has been used fraudulently. Submit at least one of the following types of documents to DMV (be sure to include all the documents needed to clearly show the fraudulent use):
- A police report or a letter on police letterhead;
- A report or letter from a credit card company, credit reporting bureau or financial institution;
- A report or letter from the Oregon Department of Revenue or the Internal Revenue Service;
- A document issued by a Court; or
- A letter from a District Attorney.
You also must provide a signed statement explaining the fraudulent activity and why a new number should be issued. Please include your contact information, including a daytime phone number. Also, fill out a Driver License/Identification Card Application
(Form 735-173). Mail the documents to:
Manager, Driver Issuance Unit
1905 Lana Avenue NE
Salem OR 97314
DMV will review the documentation you submit and make a determination about whether we can issue you a new driver license or identification card number. You will be notified of our decision by mail (see ORS 807.160
, ORS 807.400
, and OAR 735-062-0130
For more information, please contact DMV Customer Assistance at (503) 945-5000.