ORS 192.440 allows OYA to recover its actual costs in fulfilling public records requests. OYA may require the requester to cover the cost of compiling records and will consider a fee waiver if it is requested and determined to be in the public interest. The costs associated with complying with a public records request may include locating, photocopying, reviewing, redacting and delivering the documents.
If the estimated fee is greater than $25, OYA will provide the requester with written notice of the estimated amount of the fee. In such instances, the public records request will not be fulfilled until the requester confirms that the requester wants to proceed with the request despite the estimated cost.
The OYA fee schedule is as follows:
Standard copies - $.10 per page plus $32 per hour of staff time.
OYA does not charge additional fees for faxing or sending records electronically.
OYA may charge for the actual cost of materials such as CDs and for delivery of records such as postage and courier fees.
The law also allows OYA to recover the costs of staff resources required when complying with a request. Staff time is charged at the following hourly rates:
• Assistant Attorney General - $175 per hour
• Information Systems Staff - $57 per hour
• Treatment Services Staff - $55 per hour
• Operations Staff - $55 per hour
• Investigative Staff - $50 per hour
• Medical Staff - $48 per hour
• Human Resource Staff - $43 per hour
• General Clerical Staff - $32 per hour