Oregon state government offers its employees a range of benefits and rights. Employees have options when it comes to choosing a plan for core benefits such as a medical plan. The state also offers a variety of optional benefits, flexible spending accounts, retirement
benefits and paid leave options.
Medical, vision and dental insurance
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for the employee and qualified family members
- $5,000 in employee basic life insurance
- Membership in the Public Employees
Retirement System (PERS)/Oregon Public Service Retirement Plan (OPSRP)
- Employer paid defined benefit and defined contribution programs
Paid leaves and other benefits
- Sick leave earned at the rate of 8 hours per a month with no
- Vacation leave earned at a minimum rate of 8 hours per month
with accrual rate increases at 5-year increments
- 24 hours personal leave earned each fiscal year
- Ten paid holidays a year
The state also provides access to an innovative Employee Assistance Program that offers work-life
counseling, along with homeowner, legal and family resources.
- Term life (employee, spouse or domestic partner, and dependents
- Long-term and short-term disability
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Long-term care (self and eligible family members)
- Flexible spending accounts
- Option to enroll in the Oregon Savings Growth Plan, a deferred compensation program offering a wide variety of investment options.