All Specialists or Supervisors employed to provide Early Intervention or Early Childhood Special Education in Oregon's EI/ECSE program are required to be either:
- Licensed by the Teacher Standards and Practice Commission (TSPC), with an endorsement in EI/ECSE or a related field,
- Authorized through the state's EI/ECSE Authorization Process
Authorization for EI/ECSE Specialists and Supervisors
Oregon Administrative Rule 581-015-2900 has established personnel standards for the EI/ECSE program and delineates two categories of personnel who provide EI/ECSE services for authorization. These personnel include:
- Specialists - Professionals who implement or coordinate the implementation of the IFSP
- Supervisors - Professionals who supervise and train staff, design curriculum, and administer EI/ECSE programs
Step 2. Meet With Your Supervisor
- It is beneficial to meet with your supervisor both prior to and during development of your portfolio.
Step 4. Submit Your Portfolio
- Where and when to submit your portfolio AND what to do if your portfolio is denied.
Due Dates for Authorization
Initial Authorization portfolios and reauthorization approval forms are reviewed in March and August of each year.
Please contact ODE staff listed below.
Portfolios must be mailed or hand delivered to:
State Authorization Review Panel
c/o Holly Reed Schindler
Oregon Department of Education
255 Capitol Street NE
Salem, OR 97310-0203