On this page:
Drinking Water Services (DWS) is offering a one-day class entitled "Essentials of Surface Water Treatment"
that will cover topics including an introduction to various surface water treatment processes, disinfection practices, and regulatory requirements. Exercises will augment in-class instruction by covering how to develop a chemical feed pump calibration curve, determine adequate disinfection, and gain a better understanding of disinfection contact tracer studies. This course is designed for operators new to surface water treatment as well as experienced operators.The training is offered free of charge and participants are eligible to receive up to 0.6 CEU for attending.
Classes run from 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM (PST). Class dates and locations are listed in the table below.
Essentials of Surface Water Treatment Classes for 2017
|June 15, 2017
||City of Roseburg Treatment Plant
||Directions will be provided to registered attendees only|
Registration for the Essentials of Surface Water Treatment is handled by the DWS Portland office. To register, or for more information, contact Julie Wray at 971-673-0408 or firstname.lastname@example.org
, or complete and submit the Registration Form
. Class size is limited in some cases.
Upon completion of the class, attendees receive 0.6 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Materials used in the Essentials of Surface Water Treatment class are provided below.
- Presentation Cover Pages:
- PowerPoint Slides (these files are large and may take a while to download):
- PowerPoint Slides Handouts (six slides per page):
- Exercise 1 - Tracer Studies:
- Exercise 2 - Proper Sampling Locations:
- Exercise 3 - Chemical Feed Pump Calibration Curve:
- Exercise 4 - Calculating Peak Hour Demand:
- Exercise 5 - Using EPA Tables to Calculate CT Requirements:
- Exercise 6 - Filling out Monthly Surface Water Reporting Forms:
- SW Essentials Class Evaluation Form