The Addictions and Mental Health Division (AMH) envisions a healthy Oregon where mental health disorders and addiction to substances and or gambling are prevented through education, early intervention and access to appropriate health care.
The mission of AMH is to assist Oregonians to achieve physical, mental and social well being by providing access to health, mental health and addiction services and supports to meet the needs of adults and children to live, be educated, work and participate in their communities.
The mission is accomplished by working in partnership with individuals and their families , counties, other state agencies, providers, advocates and communities to accomplish the following goals.
- Improve the lifelong health of all Oregonians;
- Improve the quality of life for the people served;
- Increase the availability, utilization, and quality of community-based, integrated health care services;
- Reduce overall health care and societal costs through appropriate investments;
- Increase the effectiveness of the integrated health care delivery system;
- Increase the involvement of individuals and family members in all aspects of health care delivery and planning;
- Increase accountability of the health care system; and
- Increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the state administrative infrastructure for health care.
Statewide Behavioral Health Strategic Plan
AMH Web Team