When a crisis occurs in a community due to a tragic incident, everyone is affected. Adults, parents, teachers and students are often not prepared to deal with the emotional response survivors or others associated with an event may face. It is important that everyone affected is able receive help and discuss what happened.
This page contains resources for those dealing with a traumatic event.
Immediate Trauma and Crisis Assistance
- 24-hour crisis lines
Lines for Life
- Addictions and Mental Health
Crisis service providers throughout the state Get help
- Alcohol and Substance Helpline
- Problem Gambling Helpline
(877) 695-4648 Website includes Live Chat
- Military Helpline
- Suicide Lifeline and Mental Health Crisis Line
(800) 273-8255 or 800-SUICIDE
(877) 968-8491, texting available by texting teen2teen to 839863, or online chat available at OregonYouthline.org.