Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Oregon Health Plan member complaints and appeals
Learn more about what OHP members can do when they disagree with a decision by a plan or OHA about paying for health care services.
To learn how to file a complaint with an Emergency Medical Services provider, Trauma Systems provider, or health care facility, visit the Public Health website.
How do I send in a complaint about OHP or my plan?

Use the OHP Complaint Form (English) (Spanish) (Russian) (Vietnamese) to submit complaints to OHP Client Services or your plan.

If OHP or the plan denies coverage of a service that has already been delivered, can an OHP member appeal the denial?

All OHP members can file a request for hearing if they disagree with a payment decision. Members of OHP health or dental plans who disagree with the plan’s denial of payment can also appeal the decision with their plan.

The OHP member is only responsible for payment if he or she signed a waiver agreeing to be responsible for payment of the non-covered service.
How can OHP members request a hearing?

The OHP member must complete the Request for Administrative Hearing (MSC 443) or Appeal and Hearing Request for Medical Service Denials (OHP 3302) within 45 calendar days of date on the Notice of Action.​

Can a provider represent an OHP member in an appeal regarding the denial of payment for services?

The OHP member can designate anyone as his or her representative in an appeal or hearing. The member must provide written consent.​

Do OHP members have appeal rights when they are disenrolled from an OHP health or dental plan?

Yes. Our rules list the conditions for disenrollment. The plan must meet those conditions before we will approve the request for disenrollment. (See OAR 410-141-0080 and 410-141-3080).​