OHP Client Services Unit
Available Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
or 1:45 p.m. to 4:55 p.m.
What CSU staff can do
- Describe the types of medical and dental care OHP covers.
- Coach clients on what to do when they have problems getting medical, dental or mental health care.
- Follow up on client complaints about services OHP has determined are not covered.
- Refer callers to the Governor's Advocacy Office for investigation when appropriate.
- Refer OHP medical, dental and mental health plan members to their plan's customer service when appropriate.
- Advise OHP clients on the process for the review and resolution of health care bills.
- Answer basic questions about dates of OHP eligibility and other related issues.
- Issue Certificates of Creditable Coverage requested by clients leaving OHP and moving to commercial health insurance. Requests are mailed directly to commercial health insurance providers OR the adult representative on the OHP record.
- Process requests from Pharmacy Management Program clients for changing their assigned pharmacy.
What CSU staff cannot do
- Refer clients to specific doctors, dentists, clinics or other available providers. Learn how to find an OHP health care provider.
- Determine what specific health care services are covered or not covered for any specific client. OHP coverage depends on the client's benefit package and the health care condition(s) the service is supposed to treat. Contact your health care provider.
- Answer questions about services provided by OHP medical and dental plans. Contact your plan.
- Send out OHP applications or help people complete the application. Contact an Application Assister in your county.
- Determine eligibility for any state programs. Contact your local DHS/AAA Office.
- Send outOHP client handbooks. Contact the OHA Statewide Medical Processing Center or read it online.
- Change a client's record (for example, add family members to cases, change address).
Other help for OHP clients and applicants
|DHS Fraud Hotline:
|Report client or provider fraud over the phone or online.|
||Contact your local branch for questions about |
- Program eligibility
- Updating client records (address, household members, insurance information)
|Healthy Kids Application Assisters
||Find help in your local county to complete your OHP/Healthy Kids application.|
|Insure Kids Now!
||Find OHP dental providers in your area.|
|OHA Statewide Medical Processing Center: 1-800-699-9075
||Request an OHP Client Handbook|
Answer questions about the OHP application process
Check the status of your OHP application or OHP eligibility
|OHP Application Center: 1-800-359-9517
||Request an OHP Application|
|OHP medical and dental plans
||If you are in a plan, call the plan to: |
- Find a health care provider
- Ask questions about your benefits
- Request the plan's member handbook
|OHP Premium Office - 888-647-2729 (888-OHP-2PAY)
||OHP Standard clients can call to find out: |
- What you owe (your current balance)
- What you may owe from earlier bills (past due balance or arrears)
- If your payment was received