Oregon's Public Employees' Benefit Board contracts for and administers benefits for eligible state employees. We provide high quality health plans and other benefits for approximately 140,000 Oregonians.
We envision a health system that provides better health, better care and lower costs.
Provide high quality benefits that are affordable to the employer and employee.
We are a labor-management board whose purpose is to provide high-quality benefits at a cost affordable to employees and employers. The Board works toward its goals through the following values:
- Employee choice among high quality plans
- A competitive marketplace
- Plan performance and information
- Employer flexibility in plan design and contracting
- Quality customer service
- Creativity and innovation
- Plan benefits as part of total employee compensation
- The improvement of employee health.
PEBB designs, contracts and administers a program of benefits for the state as the employer and state employees. The benefits include medical and dental coverage; life, accident, disability and long-term care insurance; and flexible spending accounts. The Board also offers healthcare insurance options for retirees not yet eligible for Medicare and individuals in other participating groups. PEBB's total membership is approximately 127,000 individuals.
The PEBB pool is made up of 133,000 individuals. These include
- 50,000 subscribers - principally employees of state agencies and universities, along with eligible retirees
- 83,000 covered dependents
The individuals live and work in every county in the state.