|Oregon State Library|
250 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR 97301-3950
Directions to the Oregon State Library from I-5 Freeway
- Exit I-5 at exit number 253
- Take Highway 22 West (City Center)
- Within city limits, this becomes Mission St.
- Follow until you take an offramp to the right at exit marked Willamette University / City Center
- Stay in right lane to merge onto 12th St.
- Turn left on Court St.
- State Library is on right hand side of the street, across from the State Capitol
Street Parking: The current rate is $1.50 per hour
- Parking behind the State Library (Winter St.) has pay stations that take credit cards (Visa and Mastercard) and coins, but not bills.
- There are also pay stations on the left side of Court St., past the State Capitol, and on the left side of Cottage St., which is the first left turn past the Capitol.
- There is a parking lot with all day parking for $6.00 per day at the corner of Winter St. and Center St. Travel two blocks north of the State Library on Winter St., cross Center St., and enter the Yellow lot. A ticket machine accepts debit/credit card only. A parking permit is printed by the machine and must be displayed on the vehicle dashboard.
- Additional parking may be found in the underground parking structure. There are 2 hour and 10 hour meters, which require quarters. Entrance from the west is on Chemeketa St. at Winter St. or from the east on Chemeketa St. at Capitol St.
- All day parking passes are sold in the State Capitol, Room 49, for $8.00 and are good at the City of Salem pay stations on the streets listed on the back of the pass. They allow you to park all day.
Capitol Mall Map
Red lines = pay stations on the street
Blue lines = meters underground
Current rate: $1.50 per hour
City Bus Service
Cherriots Bus Service available within city of Salem. Main Bus terminal is located at High and Chemeketa St (just two blocks west of the State Library). See the Cherriots website.
Entering the Building
The State Library building has two entrances:
Inside the State Library Building
- through the west (Winter Street) entrance down the corridor to the main lobby, or
- through the main (Capitol Mall) entrance directly into the main lobby.
- The first floor conference rooms 102 & 103 can be entered from the lobby.
- Library Support and Development Services and Talking Book and Braille Library are on the first floor.
- Operations office is on the second floor across from the elevator.