All employment decisions will be based on an individual’s relevant experience, education and training, and suitability relative to a position, without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political or religious affiliation, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. DCBS recognizes a diverse workforce is crucial to serve Oregonians.
The department works to achieve and maintain diversity through its diversity recruitment outreach efforts, which include the following:
- Reaching out to the broadest possible labor market when recruiting for positions
- Enforcing a zero-tolerance policy against any form of discrimination or harassment
- Holding all managers and employees accountable for creating and promoting a work environment that is welcoming and free from hostility or unwelcome behavior
- Maintaining a copy of the DCBS Affirmative Action Plan on its website, making it available for managers and employees to review
- Evaluating managers and supervisors on their effectiveness in promoting diversity and a welcoming environment for DCBS
Working together, the department’s workforce at all levels creates an atmosphere of respect, fairness, and cooperation that reflects our rich, multicultural society. Through this collaborative effort, we can effectively and efficiently achieve our mission of protecting consumers and workers.