About the program
This program gives eligible seniors checks to buy fresh, local fruit, vegetables and herbs at participating farmers markets and farm stands.
The program runs from June through November every year.
If you choose to participate, it will not affect your medical assistance or SNAP benefits.
This is a federal program to improve nutrition for Oregon seniors and support local farmers. The program is run by the Oregon Health Authority in partnership with the Oregon Department of Human Services.
Visit the program website for more information and a directory of locations where you can use the checks.
Who is eligible?
Seniors who meet
ALL of the following:
- At least 62 years old by April 1 of the current year
- Be receiving
SNAP benefits or Medicaid on April 1 of the current year
- Have income below 138% of the
Federal Poverty Level in the current year
- Be living in a situation where food is not provided
How do I participate?
Eligible seniors will automatically get a
letter in the mail in late April each year.
If you want to participate:
- Sign and return the response card in the letter, or
- Complete the online form.
- Make sure you reply by the due date in the letter.
Funding is limited and the program can't always serve all eligible seniors.