About the program
Senior Farm Direct Nutrition Program provides income-eligible seniors with checks to buy fresh, local fruit, vegetables and herbs directly from participating farmers markets and farm stands.
The program runs from June through November each year. Your participation does not affect your medical assistance or SNAP benefits.
This is a federal program to improve nutrition for Oregon seniors and support local farmers. The program is run by the Oregon Health Authority in partnership with the Oregon Department of Human Services.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the program, seniors must meet
ALL of the following:
- Be at least 62 years old by April 1 of the current year
- Be receiving
SNAP benefits or Medicaid on April 1 of the current year
- Have income below 138% of the
Federal Poverty Level in the current year
- Be living in a situation where food is not provided for them
How do I participate?
Eligible seniors will automatically get a
letter in the mail in late April each year if you are eligible for the program.
If you want to participate:
- Sign and return the response card, or
- Complete the online form.
- Make sure you reply by the date indicated in the letter.