Oregon Film and Video Tax Credit Auction
We are holding an online tax credit auction with the Film and Video Office for 40,000 increments of $500 tax certificates. This auction runs Wednesday, September 28 through Friday, September 30, 2022, with funds going to the Oregon Production Investment Fund.
Individuals and businesses with an Oregon income tax liability may bid on the certificates and claim the credits on 2022 tax returns. Any amount not allowed on your 2022 return can be carried forward up to three years. You can't transfer the credits to anyone else.
Bidding begins at 9 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) September 28, 2022 and ends at 5 p.m. PDT, September 30, 2022. We won't accept online bids before or after these times.
The minimum discount percentage is 90 percent of the credit value. Therefore, the minimum bid amount for each $500 credit increment is $450.
- The earlier you bid, the better. If there's a tie, the earliest bid wins.
- Bid as many times as you like. If you submit multiple bids, we will issue certificates for all winning bids. You can't change your bid once it's submitted.
- You must bid at least $450 per increment.
After placing your bid, deliver the following to our offices by
5 p.m. PDT, October 7, 2022:
Submit a separate
form and full payment for each bid. Payment must be a cashier's check, certified check, or money order made payable to Oregon Department of Revenue.
Tax Credit Auction form and instructions for mailing and contact information. You may call to schedule an appointment if you plan to submit your form and payment in person.
If your bid isn't successful, we'll return your payment to the address you provide on the form.
Your bid will be invalidated if:
- Your payment and form are late.
- Your payment isn't for the full amount or doesn't match your bid amount.
- You don't include the form with your payment, or the form is incomplete.
Certificates and unsuccessful bids
Certificates will be issued by the Oregon Film and Video Office. Unsuccessful bid payments will be returned by U.S. mail by October 28, 2022.
Note: Contributions are not deductible on your Oregon return.