This page is for customers needing commercial (CDL) licenses. If you are needing to take a Class C driving test to get your license, you have the option to test with a DMV contracted Class C testing business.
Commercial Skills Test
- A third party CDL tester can conduct skills tests for Class A, B, or C commercial driver licenses only.
- CDL skills tests must be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance.
- Before scheduling a skills test, you will need the following:
- A valid Oregon Driver License issued at least 14 days prior to testing; and
- A valid Oregon Commercial Learner Permit issued at least 14 days prior to testing.
- Before taking the skills test, you must:
- Pass all required knowledge tests; and
- Show the third party CDL tester your driver license and commercial learner permit.
- The examiner will charge a fee, set by them, for your test. You will have to pay issuance and other fees to DMV when you get your CDL.
- After you pass your CDL skills tests, you must wait one business day before going to a DMV office to get your CDL.
- Anyone who trained you on any portion of the CDL skills test cannot conduct your test. Also, a third party examiner working for a commercial truck or bus driver training school cannot test a driver who has been trained by anyone who works at the school.
List of CDL Testers