Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

  • Construction Labor Contractor Logo 

    Effective July 1, 2015...

    ANY person ...

    For an agreed remuneration or rate of pay, recruits, solicits, supplies or employs workers to perform labor for another in construction...

    MUST have a valid Construction Labor Contractor License. 

    Beginning January 1, 2016...
    All employers (including Labor Contractors) with 10 or more employees (​at least 6 for employers located in Portland) in Oregon must provide up to 40 hours of paid leave per year.
    Employers with less than 10 employees (less than 6 for employers located in Portland) must provide up to 40 hours of unpaid protected sick time.
    Make sure you know how this law will impact your business!  Visit our Protected Sick Time page here for more information.
  • Minimum Wage Rates Change July 1st

    Senate Bill 1532 (2016) enacted a series of annual minimum wage rate increases through 2023, after which the minimum wage rate will be indexed to inflation.

    Separate minimum wage rates apply to employers located within (1) the urban growth boundary of a metropolitan service district (currently, only the Portland metropolitan area); (2) certain "nonurban" counties named in the bill; and (3) the balance of the state.

    ​A summary of the increases is available here, and a copy of the amended administrative rule is available here.

Becoming a Construction Labor Contractor Reporting Requirements

Interested in becoming a Construction Labor Contractor?

Click through a copy of the newly revised construction labor contractor handbook today! 
Available in both Spanish and English, this guide for employers sets out the process for getting a license and describes the legal requirements for operating as a construction labor contractor in Oregon

Ready to take the next step?

The application packets are available for download from our Forms Directory.

A friendly reminder....

Certified payroll reports are due no later than 35 days after starting work on each contract and at each successive 35 day interval thereafter.  Get the information you need on completing and submitting your payroll reports right here.

Need help finding a form?

Everything you need to comply with farm/forest labor contractor requirements is available online. 
Whether you need a certified payroll form; a renewal application; or a template for your agreements with workers or land owners, you can find it in our Forms Directory!