Trainings are available for apprenticeship programs and adminstrators to help you manage your Oregon program.
Current training offerings include...
Oregon Plan for Equal Employment Opportunity in Registered Apprenticeship:
This five part video series provides training for program administrators, staff, and committee members to assist them in understanding the obligation of registered apprenticeship programs under the Oregon Plan for Equal Employment Opportunity in Registered Apprenticeship (Oregon Plan). The Oregon Plan goes into effect on November 1, 2022.
All registered apprenticeship programs are required to take this training.
This five part series will begin being released weekly, starting September 16, 2021. Each training video will be followed by a question and answer session specific to the video's topic on the Tuesday following the video release.
• Introduction – Overview of the Oregon Plan – release date: September 16, 2021
• Anti-Harassment Training Requirements – release date: September 22, 2021
• Utilization Rate Analysis and Goals – release date: September 29, 2021
• Disability Tracking, Reporting, and Utilization Requirements – release date: October 6, 2021
• Compliance Requirements (including Affirmative Action) – release date: October 13, 2021
Program Operations for New Programs/New Administrators:
This training is designed to help new programs and those new to administering registered apprenticeship programs understand the regulatory requirements that govern the Oregon apprenticeship training system. All newly registered committees and new program administrators are required to take this training.
This training will provide:
- Guidance on the requirements for all registered apprenticeship programs in the State of Oregon
- The fundamentals of the registration, movement, and completion of apprentices in the apprenticeship system
- Best practices in apprentice, training agent, and committee management
Oregon Apprenticeship Tracking System (OATS)
The Oregon Apprenticeship Tracking System, or OATS, is a web application required to be used by registered apprenticeship programs to document all actions and activities throughout the life-cycles of apprentices, training agents, and committee members. OATS allows administrators and coordinators to have quick access to information about the status of apprentices and training agents as well as an overview of the demographics of their program(s).
Participants in this training will:
- Understand how the OATS program assists apprenticeship staff with the administration of their program
- Learn how to navigate the web-based OATS application
- Electronically manage apprentices, training agents, and committee members using OATS