Employer Resource Connection (Formerly Known as STEPS)
Our Employer Resource Connection Program is free for individuals who have been approved to receive in-home services through Medicaid or Oregon Project Independence. Consultants guide and provide a variety of services such as:
- Helping to create a profile on the Registry
- Helping to create interview questions
- Holding mock interviews to build interviewer skills
- Helping to create a back-up plan in case a worker is unable to make a shift
- Helping to learn how to keep professional boundaries with a worker
- And much more!
Consultants may provide, at no cost, a variety of printed materials that assist in developing goals, managing services, and maintaining a safe environment for employer and employee.
- Consumer-Employer Training Guide: Being a Successful Employer
- Contains information on how to be a successful employer of a worker.
- Resource Sheets—Quick reference sheets instead of the guide.
- Figuring Out What I Need
- Creating a Help Wanted Ad
- Interview Resource Sheet
- Is This the Right Worker For Me?
- Warning Signs of an Unacceptable Worker
- How to Develop a Back-Up Plan
- Tools to help you manage your services
- Interview Questions
- Back-Up Plan
- Daily Sign-In
- Weekly Schedule
- Performance Evaluation
- Household Safety Checklist
- Emergency Planning Checklist
- Emergency To-Go Checklist
Consultants who work with older adults and people with physical disabilities may be found on the Employer Resource Connection Older Adults and People with Physical Disabilities Contacts web page.
Consultants who work with individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities may be found on the Employer Resource Connection for Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities and Mental Health issues Contacts web page.
Contact the Oregon Home Care Commission Employer Resource Connection (formerly known as STEPS) at 1-877-867-0077 and listen to options, or email: