Local Veterans' Employer Representatives
Local Veterans' Employer Representatives (LVERs) are dedicated staff to assist businesses fill their workforce needs with job-seeking veterans. As veterans, LVERs use their knowledge and expertise perform a wide range of duties on behalf of businesses specifically related to recruiting veterans, transitioning service members, and more. We promote the advantages of hiring veterans to employers, employer associations, and business groups. We advocate for all veterans served by WorkSource Oregon with business, industry, and other community-based organizations.
For more information contact a Veterans' Employer Representative using this link, and you can also find us on LinkedIn.
Here's a short list of how we can assist:
- Translate military experiences (primary and supplementary duties)
- Connect companies with value added incentives and other special veterans programs
- On-site visits to learn more about your business needs
- HIRE Vets Medallion Program – the value and how to apply
- Many more services related to veteran recruitment and retention
Did You Know: WorkSource Bend received a National Award in 2020 for services to veterans.
Did You Know: The Local Veterans' Employment Representative (LVER) was created in law under the United States Employment Service, under Title IV of the Servicemen's Readjustment Act of 1944. LVERs are to be located at employment offices throughout the States to assist the readjustment of wartime veterans to jobs in the civilian sector of the economy.